Thursday, June 26, 2008

pity or admiration?

I bumped into one's website at http://closetkapellmeister.blogspot.com/. It is interesting that the author felt very sorry for married-to-women gay men that ended up establishing a family.

Will it be controversial if i say that I rather admire those married men (who are Christian)?
I believe they do struggle like you and me. And they surely realise of their incapabilities and weaknesses. But these men choose to live the rest of their lives in total submission to God's grace that enable them to love their wives and God's blessing of children (if any). For the Bible reminds us that Christ's strength is made perfect in our weaknesses.

Of course marriage is not everyone's calling. Some gay-oriented Christian may choose to stay single and devote more time for God's service. Yet, God may allow others to get married to women who can understand and are willing to accept their husbands and support them in whatever situation and condition.

The journey will not be easy, for sure, but it is not impossible.
May God help us.

1 Comments:

At November 30, 2008 at 3:05 PM , Blogger JX said...

Hi there. I just happened to find your blog when I was doing some searching for my own blog on google. Thanks for responding to my post--I'm glad I know you're out here now. Feel free to actually respond to my posts in the comments section, I promise I will try to be friendly if you disagree. :-)

Concerning this admiration, I have a hard time going there. I cannot admire men setting them up for failure in their marriage. SO MANY of these guys end up cheating on their spouse. Perhaps the spouse never finds out, but it is certainly unfair for the spouse to have to be a part of such a dishonest arrangement.

PLUS, in my estimation, a woman will never be loved as fully by her gay husband as she would had she married a straight man. As hard as a gay man tries, there will, in my inexperienced opinion, be a limit to intimacy.

I really can't think of any situations I think are admirable, EXCEPT, situations where a man does not come to grips with his sexuality until after he is married and he manages somehow to keep a healthy relationship with everyone and keep his family together.

My biggest problem, really, is that the way we do church sort of encourages many to "play straight" so they get in those situations in the first place.

I don't know.. just my thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home